Powered By Blogger

Zentangle piece

Silk for the reemay. Wish I had intensified the blue.

The reemay just sitting on top of the silk. Love the colours so far.
Well, I have painted a piece of silk for the background and fused the reemay to it . So far, so good. Now, I am sitting, staring at this trying to decide where I want to go from here??? Do I want to cut the centre out and fuse it to a backing or do I want to keep this whole thing intact and border it with something? I have it sitting on a piece of batting and am tempted to quilt it soon . Maybe that would help me decide. What to do? What to do??
The two parts fused together. This is pretty light weight Habotai silk( 12mm). Maybe Dupioni or a heavier Habotai would have been more stable. I just got a piece of 16mm today . It has nice heft so prehaps it would not have wrinkled like this has . Not a major problem, but it bugs me a little. However, once it is stitched and quilted I am sure it will be fine.I used Trans Web on the back of the reemay. Not sure I love that product!
             I have posted this on The Needle and Thread Network.Click on the link on the sidebar.

8 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of work, and as if it was bias tape, but it isn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. do I see the underside of a dragon's tail? Amazing how our brains translate what our eyes see. I would love to be able to touch and see the texture close up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting.....and I just love your page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear. I do see the wrinkles. Can you quilt them out? Possibly the coloured circle shape could have been bigger to escape from behind the shape. Creativity is finding solutions to the 'not so perfect'! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is interesting. I hate making those design decisions. I've never heard of reemay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting--maze-like designs are so intriguing! Very pleasing. It will be interesting to see what you do next.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love to follow the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete